Ski Region: The Best of the rest
|Ski area:||Espace Killy|
|Resort height:||1800 m|
|Highest lift:||3450 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||150 kms|
|Nearest airports:||Geneva Chambery Grenoble|
|Driving Time :||10 hours (Calais – Val d'Isere)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
Please do mail any resort pics that you feel would be of interest to our users to firstname.lastname@example.org
Val d'Isere is a resort of superlatives great skiing great nightlife nearly 50% of visitors are Brits.
It has access to 300kms of pistes has 500 ski instructors,and gives the oppurtunity to ski/board and party in equal measure.
The only reservation would be do you need all this,if you have more modest ambitions there may be better resort choices without following the crowds .
- Off Piste
- Ski Schools
- Apres ski
- Non ski activities
- Snow reliability
Val’s snowsure slopes make it an ideal venue for a number of ski and snowboard events each year. Most important of these is the Critérium de la Première Neige, a Federation Internationale de Ski (FIS) competition in mid-December that has been running since 1955 and a joy to watch.
- There is no parking on the street,ensure your accommodation comes with parking or park at the entrance to the resort.
- There are 18 ski schools and several are staffed by British instructors.
- If you are going off piste hire a Guide
- Also a must for advanced skiers/boarders are Henrys avalanche talks, Henry is the local-based expert and he could save your life.
- Most of the skiing is above the treeline, so your options are limited on foul weather days.
- Low intermediates,ride the lifts back down into the valley,to avoid the crowded and steep home runs.
5 Day forecast