Ski Region: Espace Killy
|Ski area:||Espace Killy|
|Resort height:||1550 m|
|Highest lift:||3450 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||152 kms|
|Nearest airports:||Geneva Chambery Grenoble|
|Driving Time :||10 hours (Calais – Tignes)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
Tignes at 2100 m is a high purpose built resort with a long season including summer skiing on the Glacier it shares the Espace Killy with Val D'Isere. The resort has five different base areas, the renovated old village Les Brevieres, is at the lowest point in the system and is a traditional village it is not part of the famed Tignes nightlife which is up in the main resort- Brevieres sits at 1550 metres (higher than many ski areas end, but with 2000 metres above it!). Much of the accommodation is prettier and more traditional than the main resort and it is certainly better priced .
- Good value accommodation linked to Tignes
- Off piste
- Esf ski school have lessons starting in Les Brevieres
- There is a nursery slope with a free drag lift.
- Connections to the rest of the Espace Killy are fast via a gondola then a chair.
- It takes about 20 minutes on the lifts, followed by one piste into Tignes Le Lac.
- Returning to Tignes les Brevieres requires just one chair lift (Chaudannes) which takes 6 minutes from Tignes le Lac.
5 day forecast