Ski Region: Close to Geneva for max slope time
|Ski area:||Ski Pass Mont Blanc|
|Resort height:||1040 m|
|Highest lift:||1900 m|
|Total Kms pistes:||55 kms|
|Driving Time :||8 hours (Calais –Les Houches)|
|Pistes/Lift info||Local Area||Whole Area|
Sitting at the entrance to the Chamonix valley and venue for the famous Kandahar downhill Les Houches can either be used as a base for skiing the pretty tree lined family friendly local ski area,or as a stepping stone to the rest of the Chamonix Valley which is linked by bus and train.
- Attention boarders - there are a lot of drag lifts in this ski area and there are lots of flat sections between many lift links.
- Parking at Les Chavants is easier than at the center of Les Houches town.
- Both main lifts (Bellevue and Prarion) are on the Chamonix free bus route.
- More sheltered than the other Chamonix ski areas, it's the place to go when the weather is bad.
- There are some good fun runs through the trees.
5 day Forecast